RBL Labs is building the future of GameFi. Are you passionate about crypto and NFTs? Got experience in gaming and blockchain? Send us your application, this is your chance to be part of the next big gaming lab with ambitious goals, solid funding and HUGE opportunities.
RBL Labs is a web3 gaming and NFT studio based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Rebel spirit is embedded in our team's DNA as we are developing the gaming ecosystem for the human players of the future. We love video games, cryptocurrencies and freedom.
We believe that by providing gamers with the economic incentives to own game assets and earn rewards, we can create a better ecosystem, together. Our motto is Play, Earn & Have Fun, which we believe will be a lifestyle for most of the game players in the 21st century.
LegendsOfCrypto (LOCGame) is an NFT Collectible Strategy Card Game on the blockchain with play-to-earn and metaverse features. Its unique characters are sold in special collection packs and constitute a tribute to the crypto industry folks who made this revolution possible. In 2023, LOCGame will be integrated in its native Metaverse- Cryptise City.
Leveraging Decentralised Finance and DAO governance model, we build a sustainable, community-driven gaming experience. The game itself is centred around the crypto industry pop culture, with playable characters like a Market Maker, Whale, including Binance’s very own CZ and other key proponents. At the core of the LegendsOfCrypto ecosystem is the platform's native utility token, $LOCG.
In our small studio you are a real Demiurg in the LOCGame Metaverse responsible for narrative, core gameplay, mechanics, balance and play-to-earn economy of the game.
- Narrative: create and develop a storyline which is fun, original and actually funny
- Game play: Develop new mechanics, special abilities
- Balance: be responsible for the balancing model and card balance. The game must always be fun to play.
- Engaging content, strong mechanics, and gameplay that ties into the into the greater company ecosystem and reinforces the objectives of the game
- Work with the company to bring value to the user through our Play-to-Earn model.
- Use game usage data, consumer feedback, and user testing to inform and drive game design
- Take ownership of game features, from initial designs to final implementation.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to deliver finalized features.
- Previous experience (at least 2 years) as a Game Designer on Collectible Strategy Card Game with both narrative, core gameplay, narrative and balance.
- AAA game design experience is desirable
- Game producer experience is desirable
- Demonstrated experience as a game designer and competitive player of card games, card balancing experience is a must.
- Experience in content writing - gaming website, blog, social media to break down/translate game narrative to digestible content for community
- Passionate about cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of GameFi, NFTs and Play-to-Earn models, ability to incorporate modern play-to-earn concepts into Game Design
- Experience working with 3D modeling
- An excellent understanding of past and current game design best practices
- Open to feedback and willing to iterate on design
- Ability to follow strictly the deadlines and work under pressure
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with Unity Engine would be beneficial
- UX/UI experience in card games
- Proactive, go-to attitude.
- Flexible working hours
- Working with amazing team of very talented, fun and rebellious individuals
- Ideal office location in the center of Amsterdam or opportunity to work remotely
- Be part of our crypto events with plenty of networking opportunities
- Lunch offered when working from office
- A supportive friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers
- Exposure to the world of crypto, blockchain and NFT’s
- Company crypto-perks and extra rewards
- Competitive Salary depending on the level of experience
If this position is interesting to you, please apply and attach any relevant information to your resume that would assist with your application.